Most heat press machines are created to operate in the same way. Although modern heat press machines now come with an enhanced digital operating system, they all follow a similar pattern of operation. Here is a step by step guide of how to operate a digital heat press machine:
- Prep the Design: Using graphics software like Corel Draw or Adobe illuminator prep and create the design you want to imprint. You can hire a professional for this purpose if you don’t have the required skills.
- Print the Design unto a Transfer Paper: Transfer papers are readily available in the market today. Ensure that you use high-quality transfer papers specific to the fabrics you wish to work on. Keep in mind to read heat press machine reviews and then decide which the best one to buy is. Once you make sure, which is best one to buy then things do become easy. Always make sure, that you take informed choice and that will make you choice much easier. Some of the people are very confused and may end up buying a machine which is not good, and if you get that then things will be very tough and that is the last thing you. This is a very easy system and once you have basic knowledge you will be in a very good position to get this ready. You can have you dream design done on paper in not time and then on the media you want, there is nothing better you can ask for.
- Print the artwork on the film: Print the artwork design on an appropriate transfer paper. Quality transfer papers produce the best designs. Clear transfer papers produce good results on white fabrics while opaque transfer papers are best for colored fabrics. This is a very important thing and it has to be done right.
- Power on the machine: Obviously, you won’t get it to work without powering on the machine. Ensure that the heat press machine is connected to an uninterrupted power source. Switch on the power button. This is a must and the machine button should be easily visible and that is something very important and this helps a great deal.
- Adjust the Thermostat: Adjust the temperature by turning the thermostat button clockwise. A red light will turn on, indicating that the system is heating up.
- After heating up the machine to the required temperature, turn the thermostat button anticlockwise until the red light goes off. The red light will continue to go on and off maintaining the temperature as you use the machine.
- Timer Settings: Set the digital timer to the desired duration of the press job. Digital timers are a safety measure. Start or reset the timer by pressing the start and stop button. This is a very important feature and can help you get the job done in the right way in quick time There are many people who do not take this seriously and regret later and that is the last thing they can think of. There are many good machine which offer this option and for that, you will need to go and see some good read heat press machine reviews, and they will be able to guide you in the right way about selecting the right machine and once that happens, then you will not have a problem.
- Open the heat Press Chamber: Lift up the handle of the heat press machine to reveal the chamber area where you will place your garment. This should be done perfectly and any wrong placement here could have an impact on the output, so you should understand exactly where you should be placing it and once done, that will make things much easier.
- Place your garment in the chamber: Place your garments in the chamber ensuring you stretch it out properly to avoid crooking up the design. Remove all folds. If you have the time, preheat the material before you imprint the artwork design. This si a very important thing, that your garment is straight and should not have any curves and for that, you need to iron it well and once you do that then things will be much easier.
- Lay the transfer paper on the fabric with the artwork lying on the t-shirt or garment. Again stretch out and properly align the transfer paper on the garment to avoid crooking up the design.
- Set the pressure and time: Set up the digital time and pressure to automatically imprint the design on the t-shirt surface. Use the pressure knob to increase or decrease the pressure. This should be done in the right way and once that is done perfectly the results will be very good and this should be kept in mind. If you are not sure, read the documentation well to understand, how to do this in the right way and once you do that then things will be very easy. Keep in mind, heat press machine reviews, are best way to find out which machine are the best and what they can offer you. Since there is lots of choice it not very easy to get the process done and once that happens, then things are much easier. So make sure, that you find in the right way which is the best.
To ease the process of heat transfer, here are some recommended time settings for various heat transfer papers. If this process is understood well, then you will never have a problem. People are very confused and do not know, the right thing about this.
Inkjet transfer papers are the most popular and require about 14-18 seconds of heat and pressure.
Next to inkjet papers are laser transfer papers that need approximately 18-25 seconds of heat and pressure.
If you are using sublimation method, time duration of 25-30 seconds is ok.
Sublime transfer on woods takes close to a minute and a half.